gravity cup or liner

technique.

Moderator: Hub

gravity cup or liner

Postby wes463 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 am

hey hub, :idea: I was wondering what do you recommend for clear coat . A plastic gravity cup, a metal cup, or liners :?: and why :?: thanks...
wes463
LPH-50

Re: gravity cup or liner

Postby Hub » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:15 am

wes463 wrote:hey hub, :idea: I was wondering what do you recommend for clear coat . A plastic gravity cup, a metal cup, or liners :?: and why :?: thanks...

Hello Wes, how the heck are you doing? nice to hear from you. Now back to your question - this is not a recommendation, but a preference. I prefer a plastic cup, because, I can see the material and MORE importantly, it has a screw on type lid.
Cheers,
"HUB" 8)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby wes463 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 pm

so there are no benefits to it over liners than being able to see how much clear is left? :shock: , i just purchased the entech conversion for my ls400 for clear and thought that maybe a cup might have advantages over a liner. :oops: , oh and always nice getting your feed on the world of paint!!! :mrgreen:
wes463
LPH-50

Postby SprayTech » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:09 am

I prefer the 3M liners , see through it easier , and Less clean-up . I also think they are less messy , and you can turn your gun upside down and set it down if need be with out spilling paint or having to have a top loader gun hanger everywhere .
But that is just my 2 cents worth .
SprayTech
LPH-100

Postby Dlorah » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:41 pm

I tried those 3M liners & I didn't have very good luck when the paint was half gone the pattern got smaller and smaller i thought something was wrong with the gun but when i put the old metal cup back on it worked just fine I ask the 3M guy about it and he said something was wrong with my gun and i said well haw come it works with the metal cup and he didn't know. Oh well like you say if it ain't don't fix it D :|
Dlorah
LPH-50

Postby SprayTech » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:03 am

Dlorah wrote:I tried those 3M liners & I didn't have very good luck when the paint was half gone the pattern got smaller and smaller i thought something was wrong with the gun but when i put the old metal cup back on it worked just fine I ask the 3M guy about it and he said something was wrong with my gun and i said well haw come it works with the metal cup and he didn't know. Oh well like you say if it ain't don't fix it D :|

Thats odd , I have been using them for 15 years or since their inception and never had a problem with them , and have used them on many brands of guns .
I like them as they sure save on thinner for clean up !
But like you say " If it ain't broke , don't fix it " :-)
SprayTech
LPH-100

Postby Wilson T Hall » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 am

Here is my take first of all I have and use both and with equal success two things I don't like the look and feel of the 3M it just doesn't feel balanced WTH
Wilson T Hall
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:54 am

Wilson T Hall wrote:Here is my take first of all I have and use both and with equal success two things I don't like the look and feel of the 3M it just doesn't feel balanced WTH

Hey Wilson,
Isn't it great we have a choice :?:
Cheers,
"HUB" 8)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying