spraying base coat

Site problems, board issues.

Moderators: Hub, robc

spraying base coat

Postby jim davis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:04 am

This is first time on site. I am a retired guy , always interested in street rods. I purchased a factory five 33 hot rod and am doing the build myself. Eldon at maxwells in Marysville told me about your site and I have learned a lot reading the questions and comments. I bought the Iwata lph 400 134. I have not used it yet. First question. Can I use it for my basecoat besides the clear coat Thanks in advance. I have also noticed that your are patient with the people asking the questions. I Thanh you jim
jim davis
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:50 am

Hello Jim,
Welcome to our give and take fourn and thank you for using Anest Iwata Spray Equipment. And thank Eldon for sending you.
Yes you can spray both Base and clear with your LPH400LV. Which air cap is on it, Bright Silver - PURPLE or ORANGE :?:
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

hub

Postby jim davis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:47 am

I am not sure if I am posting the reply To hubs question about my 400lph 134. The tip is silver. Does Iwata depend on tip color for gun purpose? thanks . Eldon says hi. He finished the black Cobra. Very nice
jim davis
LPH-50

hub

Postby jim davis » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 am

I am not sure if I am posting the reply To hubs question about my 400lph 134. The air cap is silver. Does Iwata depend on tip color for gun purpose? thanks . Eldon says hi. He finished the black Cobra. Very nice
jim davis
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:03 am

Jim,
The Silver cap is best for clear - the Orange cap is best for base coats. The Purple cap is a specialty cap and really not practical for everyday use.
Both the silver & Orange caps spray both base and clear Just fine.

Try these settings for the gun you have
Set the material control knob with 3-4 threads showing between the knob and the gun body
Set the fan control knob turned all the way to the left

Now with the trigger in the full back position and with air flowing through the gun set the inlet pressure at 16 PSI for base-coat and 16 - 20 for the clear (remember this an air setting so an empty cup is best)

Spray distance for base 6 - 8 inches and 6 inches or less for clear

Pattern overlap 60 - 70%

Cheers,
"HUB"
:)
Hub
Air Authority

Golf Swing Tips

Postby Wester13 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:30 am

Golf Swing Tips

This can be an area frequently unnoticed simply by golfers associated with all abilities. Balance plays a critical part in stabilizing the central musculature as well as callaway ft-iq driver adding the component of handle via muscle tissue coordination. ishiner
Wester13
LPH-50

Return to Other