LPH400 LVX settings and mottling

technique.

Moderator: Hub

LPH400 LVX settings and mottling

Postby Ranfla » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 pm

I’m currently getting accustomed to this gun and playing around with the settings. I have a 1.3 and 1.4 tip for this gun and have been currently using the 1.3 for metallic paint and clear. My question is what should the default settings be? Currently, from wide open, I am pulling the trigger (no air or fluid) and dialing in the fluid knob until I feel a resistance.... so about 4.75 turns out from closed. The PSI I am shooting at is 14-18 PSI and fan all the way to the left wide open. Any pointers on gun settings or shooting for metallics to reduce mottling? Thank you very much
Ranfla
LPH-50

Re: LPH400 LVX settings and mottling

Postby Hub » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:25 pm

Ranfla wrote:I’m currently getting accustomed to this gun and playing around with the settings. I have a 1.3 and 1.4 tip for this gun and have been currently using the 1.3 for metallic paint and clear. My question is what should the default settings be? Currently, from wide open, I am pulling the trigger (no air or fluid) and dialing in the fluid knob until I feel a resistance.... so about 4.75 turns out from closed. The PSI I am shooting at is 14-18 PSI and fan all the way to the left wide open. Any pointers on gun settings or shooting for metallics to reduce mottling? Thank you very much

You have the set up procedure just about right - there are ( 3 ) of the settings where you must consider #1 VISCOSITY, fluid speed delivery and INLET PRESSURE !
EXAMPLE viscosity- low viscosity REQUIRE Lower inlet pressure - balance the inlet pressure to match the material viscosity and the fluid speed delivery.
Adjust the fan pattern size and shape to be in balance
Spray pattern distance 6 inches or less
Spray Pattern overlap 70 - 80%
Always spray perpendicular to the surface
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Ranfla » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Thank you, yes I’ve gotten better shooting with practice: 4” away thinner coats with greater overlap and consistent speed. How can I measure viscosity? Should I be measuring it or just feeling out the material as I go? Thank you!
Ranfla
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:57 pm

Ranfla wrote:Thank you, yes I’ve gotten better shooting with practice: 4” away thinner coats with greater overlap and consistent speed. How can I measure viscosity? Should I be measuring it or just feeling out the material as I go? Thank you!

VISCOSITY CUP IS WHAT YOU NEED - YOUR PAINT JOBBER SHOULD HAVE THEM - PERSONALLY i USE A ZONN 4 AND ASK THEM FOR A VISCOSITY CHART THE PAINT COMPANIES USUALLY POST THE IDEAL VISCOSITY All you need is the cup and a watch with a second hand so you can time it,
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying