WS400 1.4 HD Setup

technique.

Moderator: Hub

WS400 1.4 HD Setup

Postby cmespray » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi Hub,
I really enjoy your site, alot of great information. I am new to Iwata, have been using Sagolas and so I had a couple questions about the Iwatas as they are a total different animal and i am trying to dial them in. So I have a LS400 1.4 gold cap for base and a WS400 1.4 HD for clear. I probably should have went 1.3 HD as the 1.4 HD is a little faster then my normal style. I am currently shooting PPG solvent base and both the omni MC270 clear and the DC4000 clear. The LS400 for base I have been getting great results with initial setting I found here on the board. I have not found much regarding the WS400 1.4HD setup on here, so forgive me for asking, do you have any suggestions for the gun using the mentioned products? I really appreciate your efforts here on this site and any suggestions would be great. My spray style would be medium to medium fast i guess but it seems I really have to haul along faster the I like as I have it now. i am considering ordering the 1.3 HD setup for the gun if I am unable to get used to the speed. What is the chopstick trick for faulty patterns that I keep reading about.....please do tell 8) Thanks Hub
cmespray
LPH-50

Re: WS400 1.4 HD Setup

Postby Hub » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:00 am

cmespray wrote:Hi Hub,
I really enjoy your site, alot of great information. I am new to Iwata, have been using Sagolas and so I had a couple questions about the Iwatas as they are a total different animal and i am trying to dial them in. So I have a LS400 1.4 gold cap for base and a WS400 1.4 HD for clear. I probably should have went 1.3 HD as the 1.4 HD is a little faster then my normal style. I am currently shooting PPG solvent base and both the omni MC270 clear and the DC4000 clear. The LS400 for base I have been getting great results with initial setting I found here on the board. I have not found much regarding the WS400 1.4HD setup on here, so forgive me for asking, do you have any suggestions for the gun using the mentioned products? I really appreciate your efforts here on this site and any suggestions would be great. My spray style would be medium to medium fast i guess but it seems I really have to haul along faster the I like as I have it now. i am considering ordering the 1.3 HD setup for the gun if I am unable to get used to the speed. What is the chopstick trick for faulty patterns that I keep reading about.....please do tell 8) Thanks Hub

Good evening C-me,
First, thank you for the kudos.
Before you buy a 1.3 fluid nuzzle or decide to chuck it try setting the gun up to spray in the way that comfortable for you.

First lets start with the air inlet pressure. Open the material control knob 5 full turns open from the closed position - with the trigger in the full back position turn the M C knob in until you feel it touch the back of the trigger. Now turn the fan control knob all the way to the left. Make sure the air valve at the bottom of the gun handle is full open.
Now we can set the inlet air pressure ( best done with a mini regulator at the gun) set the inlet pressure at 29 PSI.

Now the search starts for that comfortable setting we spoke about a line or three ago.
FRIST close the fan & material control knobs
Load the cup with clear and pull the trigger full back - yep your right not much trigger pull and probably no clear - AS IT SHOULD BE !!
Now open the material control knob a turn or two
Now the fan control to match the material flow OH WOW WAY TOO MUCH AIR PRESSURE So okay lower the pressure - until it balances out with the fluid flow & spray pattern
Now comes the part you are in control of.
Turn each control knob in or out until the gun is delivering just the right amount of material to give the atomization and spray pattern size you are comfortable with. what your looking for is a balanced spray gun.
Cheers,
"HUB"
PS
Post your e address on my PM and I'll send the chop stick trick right out
Hub
Air Authority

Postby cmespray » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks Hub.
I can't seem to pm you for the chopstick method, could you please email it to billybl35@ when you get a chance?
cmespray
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:41 pm

cmespray wrote:Thanks Hub.
I can't seem to pm you for the chopstick method, could you please email it to billybl35@ when you get a chance?

Okay Billy,
It will be done today, Cheers, "HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby cmespray » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Sorry I guess I did not put complete email...It is billybl35@yahoo.com
Thanks again
cmespray
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:55 am

I just sent it again BESURE TO LET ME KNOW IF IT ARRIVES OR NOT. Cheers, "HUB" :oops:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby cmespray » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:51 pm

Hi Hub
Still did not get it. I checked inbox and spam. I have another email we can try...
It is landmarkcfk@gmail.com Thanks again
Bill
cmespray
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 pm

cmespray wrote:Hi Hub
Still did not get it. I checked inbox and spam. I have another email we can try...
It is landmarkcfk@gmail.com Thanks again
Bill

Bill Sorry for the delay I'll give it another try right now.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: "HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying