Gun setup

technique.

Moderator: Hub

Gun setup

Postby lbeard » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:28 pm

Hub- spraying omni plus base and nason 465 clear with 1.3 w400 LV compliant. Could you describe method to set pattern adjust?

I start with air inlet wide open, material open 4 turns. Pattern adjust wide open but not sure when I've got it right.

3/8 air hose, big IR compressor with desiccant dryer . 125 psi on the hose, Regulator at the gun. 20 psi

Thanks
lbeard
LPH-50

Re: Gun setup

Postby Hub » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:59 am

lbeard wrote:Hub- spraying omni plus base and nason 465 clear with 1.3 w400 LV compliant. Could you describe method to set pattern adjust?

I start with air inlet wide open, material open 4 turns. Pattern adjust wide open but not sure when I've got it right.

3/8 air hose, big IR compressor with desiccant dryer . 125 psi on the hose, Regulator at the gun. 20 psi

Thanks

Hello IB.
What you are doing is pretty close to what I'm about to have you try.

Set the fluid control knob at 4 full turns open from the closed position

Set the fan control knob turned all the way to the left

Make sure the air valve on the gun handle is also turned all the way to the left.

No material necessary to set the inlet pressure

With the trigger in the [u]full back position[/u] and air flowing through the gun set the inlet pressure at 16 - 20 PSI for base and 20 PSI for clear.

Now with material in the gun and with a full trigger set the spray pattern to spray a 9 - 10 inch spray pattern at 7 inches for clear and for base 10 - 11 inches

For single coat use the clear coat setting

Pattern overlap should be at 70 % It also very important that you always spray perpendicular to the surface.
Cheers,
"HUB" :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying