pressure fed

technique.

Moderator: Hub

Re: pressure fed

Postby garileforce » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:11 pm

The set up is working great you helped me a whole bunch thx. GF
Last edited by garileforce on Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby garileforce » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:48 pm

As purr your suggestions everything went very well the only change i made was the atomizing pressure I booosted that to 24 - 28 pounds that worked better on the thicker mterial what is the best way to clean the mmateril hose :?: on some of the equipment there are hard to reach and aude shaped part any suggestion on how to pintt these spots? thx GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 am

garileforce wrote:As purr your suggestions everything went very well the only change i made was the atomizing pressure I booosted that to 24 - 28 pounds that worked better on the thicker mterial what is the best way to clean the mmateril hose :?: on some of the equipment there are hard to reach and aude shaped part any suggestion on how to pintt these spots? thx GF

Okay GF sounds like you've got the set up routine down. The material hose cleaning is just a matter of cleaning the pot of the unused paint and adding clean solvent to flush the hose and gun once that runs clear disconnect the mainline air hose and pull the ring on the relief valve to clear the pot pressure - then pull the gun trigger full back for a minute - that will release all material from the gun head and hose back into the pot. now hang the gun above the pot for storage.
For those hard to reach areas adjust the fan down to a round pattern - this will allow you to cover these areas as far as 48 inches away - take it easy you have reduced the fan pattern from about 12 inches to about 3 or 4 if Your not careful you'll cause some major runs. And remember air comes out of the gun before the paint so if your spraying into radical reverse curves you may need to lower the atomizing air pressure because the air will be bouncing its way back out and pushing some of the paint with it making it difficult to get proper coverage. Good luck, please let me know how you make out.
Cheers,
"HUB" :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:23 am

THX HUB your recommendations have been spot on i've had a hickup or 2 but nothing major and i'll have 2 take credit for those. Ihavebeen messing around with the settings but i do better when i do as you suggest or close to them thx again GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:36 am

garileforce wrote:THX HUB your recommendations have been spot on i've had a hickup or 2 but nothing major and i'll have 2 take credit for those. Ihavebeen messing around with the settings but i do better when i do as you suggest or close to them thx again GF

Success ! hooray, Words like those make this job fun :arrow: However sometime if you would kind of make a mental note or two and let me know how much time you figure the pressure system saved you.
Cheers,
"HUB" :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Previous

Return to Spraying