pressure fed

technique.

Moderator: Hub

pressure fed

Postby garileforce » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:49 am

Hub i have some big equipment to paint an i was thinkin a pressure pot would be the way to go can you give me some suggestions thanx GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Re: pressure fed

Postby Hub » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:42 am

garileforce wrote:Hub i have some big equipment to paint an i was thinkin a pressure pot would be the way to go can you give me some suggestions thanx GF

I'd suggest the Anest Iwata 2 quart pressure system, it would include, an LPH200P 1.2 gun, the pot and 6 foot air and fluid hoses - the complete system sells for around $900.00 and requires 17.7 CFM @ 28 PSI to operate a its optimum. street price maybe less?? Could cut your spray time on large jobs by 65-70 %

'Chees,
"HUB'' :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Hey Hub do you think the 1.2 is big enough i'll be spraying synthetic enamel with hardner thx GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:56 am

garileforce wrote:Hey Hub do you think the 1.2 is big enough i'll be spraying synthetic enamel with hardener thx GF

I'd bet if you looked up what the paint mfg recommends it would be 0.8 or 1.0 with a pressure system - I recommend the 1.2 cause you can always restrict the fluid flow. if need be, NICE OPTION
Cheers,
"HUB'' :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 am

Alright i will give that some though GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:50 am

garileforce wrote:Alright i will give that some though GF

The reason I suggested the 1.2 is you said you were going to be working on large equipment, that might mean you'll be tempted to spray the material at a higher viscosity and a greater distance from gun to target - hence a smaller fluid nozzle wouldn't afford you that option. Just a thought.
Cheers,
"HUB" :mrgreen:
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:49 am

found a used 2 liter squat pot looks to be in good shape at very good price its a bit of a drive away but they will hold it for 2 dys give me a chance to touch and look see will let you know GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby garileforce » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:40 pm

garileforce wrote:found a used 2 liter squat pot looks to be in good shape at very good price its a bit of a drive away but they will hold it for 2 dys give me a chance to touch and look see will let you know GF

HUB I BOUGHT IT its a Binks squat no hoses will the iwata work on it if so what r the part numbers thanks GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:47 am

Hello GF,
Yes they will fit, Air hose PN 8000, price $61.00 - Fluid hose, PN 8007, price $63.00. That Binks is a very nice pot, now you just made it better with a set of super nice Anest Iwata hoses - now which Anest Iwata gun are you going to buy, to further compliment your new time and money saving pressure system ?
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:17 am

YEHAY yep I finally have all the parts and pieses - I took your advise and got the LPH200P with a 1.2 fluid nozzle the iwata hoses are great so flexable i got it all put together and tried to spray today wow it may be more than I can handle so if i can lean on you again and ask you how to set it up you know pot pressure and all.thx GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:34 am

garileforce wrote:YEHAY yep I finally have all the parts and pieses - I took your advise and got the LPH200P with a 1.2 fluid nozzle the iwata hoses are great so flexable i got it all put together and tried to spray today wow it may be more than I can handle so if i can lean on you again and ask you how to set it up you know pot pressure and all.thx GF

Hey GF,
Take a look at the ruff sketch I E'd you - does it look similar to how you have yours assembled? Pay special attention to the incoming air supply the regulatoron the pot only controls pot pressure, therefore the air line that goes from that regulator to the gun is straight line pressure and it must be regulated - I recommend a true mini regulator NOT A CHEATER VALVE let me know how you are set up and we'll finish off with the gun set up and the pot pressure suggestions AND we'll have you up and gunning by the time the first big rig comes rolling in.
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 am

i pretty much have the system set up oretty much as your diagram shows cept no air control on the gun now I can see why i was having such a hard time. so lay it on me your suggested gun and pot settinsgs the company firnishun the oaint said the spraying viscosity is 31 seconds on a ford 4 cup if that helps. The first piece of equipment is suposed to ge here the middle of next week. GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:21 am

Alright then GF with that viscosity and the 1.4 fluid nozzle lets set the starter settings as follows
Set the mainline pressure a 80 - 90 PSI. ( Make sure the relief valve is in the closed position) set the pot pressure at 5 PSI - now lets set the atomizing air pressure at the gun (the reason for the mini regulator on the gun) with the fan control knob turned all the way to the left and the material control knob set 3.5 full turns open from the closed position and with air flowing through the gun set the atomizing air at 16 - 19 PSI (**these settings are done without any material in the pot) now add the material to the pot. now at a distance of 8 t0 10 inches spray a test panel. Remember these are starter settings you can change - one or all of them'
Try these setting and if they are ok then ok If not get right back to me and we'll make some adjustments'
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Hub » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:46 am

AN important PS with these settings the fan will be 12 - 14 inches and the fluid speed delivery will be fast. so if need be you can turn in the fan control and the material control knobs. If the finish is too smooth you can lower the atomizing pressure. A little orange peel will hide a lot of imperfections :evil:
HUB
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Hub wrote:Alright then GF with that viscosity and the 1.2 fluid nozzle lets set the starter settings as follows
Set the mainline pressure a 80 - 90 PSI. ( Make sure the relief valve is in the closed position) set the pot pressure at 5 PSI - now lets set the atomizing air pressure at the gun (the reason for the mini regulator on the gun) with the fan control knob turned all the way to the left and the material control knob set 3.5 full turns open from the closed position and with air flowing through the gun set the atomizing air at 16 - 19 PSI (**these settings are done without any material in the pot) now add the material to the pot. now at a distance of 8 t0 10 inches spray a test panel. Remember these are starter settings you can change - one or all of them'
Try these setting and if they are ok then ok If not get right back to me and we'll make some adjustments'
Cheers,
garileforce
LPH-50

Next

Return to Spraying