SPRAY PATTERN ADJUSTMENTS

technique.

Moderator: Hub

SPRAY PATTERN ADJUSTMENTS

Postby Lloyd Oliver » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:22 am

Thank you for approving my registration my question could you give me some ideas of how to adjust the spray pattern on my lph400 i do most of my spraying on smaller odd size objects. any help would be good.
L L O
Lloyd Oliver
LPH-50

Re: SPRAY PATTERN ADJUSTMENTS

Postby Hub » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 am

Lloyd Oliver wrote:Thank you for approving my registration my question could you give me some ideas of how to adjust the spray pattern on my lph400 i do most of my spraying on smaller odd size objects. any help would be good.
L L O

Welcome to our message board and thank you for your question. For me to give you some proper gun settings, it would be helpful if I knew the following.

Air cap and fluid nozzle combination

Type and brand of material being sprayed

Compressed air supply

Ambient spraying conditions

Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Lloyd Oliver » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 am

Hub wrote:
Lloyd Oliver wrote:Thank you for approving my registration my question could you give me some ideas of how to adjust the spray pattern on my lph400 i do most of my spraying on smaller odd size objects. any help would be good.
L L O

Welcome to our message board and thank you for your question. For me to give you some proper gun settings, it would be helpful if I knew the following.

Air cap and fluid nozzle combination

Type and brand of material being sprayed

Compressed air supply

Ambient spraying conditions

Cheers,

Air cap is an LVB - fluid nozzle is 1.4
PPG Envirobase and high solid clear most of the colors are high metallic
5HP Kellogg American 80 gal tank
Home made cinder block spray booth
thanks L L O
Lloyd Oliver
LPH-50

Postby Lloyd Oliver » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:11 am

Thanks for the help after i saw the price on the LVX cap I desided to try to use the LVB, WELL I didn't do so well the base was ok for the plain colors but i had streaks in the metallics and the clear took a lot of cutting and buffing not worth it. Please send me the spraying set up for the LVB MY email is posted on your pm
LLO
Lloyd Oliver
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:46 am

Lloyd Oliver wrote:Thanks for the help after i saw the price on the LVX cap I desided to try to use the LVB, WELL I didn't do so well the base was ok for the plain colors but i had streaks in the metallics and the clear took a lot of cutting and buffing not worth it. Please send me the spraying set up for the LVB MY email is posted on your pm
LLO

LLO,
LVB's OM is on its way - The LVB settings and technique may sound a little different, BUT, please follow the instructions very closely and you'll be rewarded with some great refinish work. Let us know how you make out.
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying