W400 cleaning

technique.

Moderator: Hub

W400 cleaning

Postby wjieling » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:38 pm

First thx hub for the trick!that's a great help for clean the nozzle!BUt there is another issue I have is I found my guns getting dirty inside of the gun body, I don't know why but it's true!I always can see little little dirt in the paint (I'm sure car is clean and tacked and double strain the paint) any idea will be appreciate!
wjieling
LPH-50
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby Hub » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 am

wjieling wrote:First thx hub for the trick!that's a great help for clean the nozzle!BUt there is another issue I have is I found my guns getting dirty inside of the gun body, I don't know why but it's true!I always can see little little dirt in the paint (I'm sure car is clean and tacked and double strain the paint) any idea will be appreciate!


FIRST :!: are you sure its dirt :?: Look at it with a magnifying glass :arrow: could be solvent pop or CAH contamination.
Are you painting metal, fiber glass, composite :?:
Is it on both the horizontal and vertical surfaces :?:
Check your air supply, is it clean :?:

Foreign matter (dirt) usally comes from the object itself or the technician
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
User avatar
Hub
Air Authority
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 pm

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby wjieling » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm not sure how it looks. But I can feel with my hand.I'm painting ppg waterbased on all kinds of surface, I have clean and tacked,new paint suit and the booth filter has been change last month. When I open up all part of the gun I can see so much dirty things in it even the spring and rubber o ring
Thx for reply
wjieling
LPH-50
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby Hub » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:20 pm

wjieling wrote:I'm not sure how it looks. But I can feel with my hand.I'm painting ppg waterbased on all kinds of surface, I have clean and tacked,new paint suit and the booth filter has been change last month. When I open up all part of the gun I can see so much dirty things in it even the spring and rubber o ring
Thx for reply


:idea: Is it dry spray :?:

From what you are saying you think the debris is not coming from the paint or ambient conditions. Have you soaked the whole gun while cleaning :?: allowing solvent to enter the air passages, if not, that leaves only one source, the air supply. Spray a piece of non tinted single pane on glass and look at it from the bottom side to see if you can tell what the bebris looks like.

"HUB" :|
User avatar
Hub
Air Authority
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 pm

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby wjieling » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:02 pm

That's a good idea any good news let u know thx
wjieling
LPH-50
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby Hub » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:35 pm

wjieling wrote:That's a good idea any good news let u know thx


Will look forward to bettter results.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
User avatar
Hub
Air Authority
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 pm

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby wjieling » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:26 am

Hi hub,I used my clear gun to spray a test panel with black paint .it comes out perfect clean,then I switch to my iwata for the second coat. Then it comes dirty look.I have break down the gun and soak it over night.
wjieling
LPH-50
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:12 am

Re: W400 cleaning

Postby Hub » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:24 am

wjieling wrote:Hi hub,I used my clear gun to spray a test panel with black paint .it comes out perfect clean,then I switch to my iwata for the second coat. Then it comes dirty look.I have break down the gun and soak it over night.


Make sure to blow dry the gun inside and out and lube all threaded parts when you reinstall them.
"HUB" :)
User avatar
Hub
Air Authority
 
Posts: 2602
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:50 pm


Return to Spraying

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest