Help with LPH400-144LVB gravity gun

technique.

Moderator: Hub

Help with LPH400-144LVB gravity gun

Postby 2doorwagon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:02 am

Hello out there,just bought this new gun and going to be spraying a Utech 4.0 high solid clear. Wanted to see if I could get some advice on setting up the gun for the first time. This is my first Iwata and it fills so smooth. Thanks for any tips and advice. Have a great day!
2doorwagon
LPH-50

Re: Help with LPH400-144LVB gravity gun

Postby Hub » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 pm

2doorwagon wrote:Hello out there,just bought this new gun and going to be spraying a Utech 4.0 high solid clear. Wanted to see if I could get some advice on setting up the gun for the first time. This is my first Iwata and it fills so smooth. Thanks for any tips and advice. Have a great day!

The LVB is a specialty air cap designed to spray difficult base coat colors - the LV4 or LVX would be much better for clear.
Now with the being said you can try this setting.
Set material control knob with 4 threads showing between the knob and the gun body.
Set the fan control knob and the air valve in the gun handle all the wat to the left.
With the trigger in the full back position set the inlet air at 16 - 20 PSI with air flowing through the gun.
Spray a test pattern at a 6 inch spray distance - the fan will be very large, so you may want to turn the fan down a little to fit your comfort zone.
Leave the material control knob full open.
Please let me know how you make out.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby 2doorwagon » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the info, I did play around with it a little bit this weekend and I have to say I love the way it lays the paint down. I have never had a high end gun like this. I do have the orange cap (LVX) for clear. Thanks and I will keep you posted on my progress. I did have one little thing I can't figure out. I bought the small regulator for the gun and I know you said and to get the 10 psi at the cap I set the wall regulator to 16-20 or the small one on the gun? Whats a good psi at my wall regulator? If I set it at 20psi then the one on the gun doesn't guy high enough. I'm kind of just learning about the hole air cap pressure thing. Thanks for the help and advice.
2doorwagon
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:39 am

2doorwagon wrote:Thanks for the info, I did play around with it a little bit this weekend and I have to say I love the way it lays the paint down. I have never had a high end gun like this. I do have the orange cap (LVX) for clear. Thanks and I will keep you posted on my progress. I did have one little thing I can't figure out. I bought the small regulator for the gun and I know you said and to get the 10 psi at the cap I set the wall regulator to 16-20 or the small one on the gun? Whats a good psi at my wall regulator? If I set it at 20psi then the one on the gun doesn't guy high enough. I'm kind of just learning about the hole air cap pressure thing. Thanks for the help and advice.

:arrow: 80 PSI at the wall and 16 to 20 for the small one on the gun.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying