iwata lph400lv

technique.

Moderator: Hub

iwata lph400lv

Postby onlyiwata » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi to all i am in uk and have a uk spec iwata w400wbx and also a iwata lph400lv from usa the uk iwata w400wbx has a standard air cap which is same as the gold extreme base cap which you can get for lph400lv, so i compared both guns and the only differences are the air caps and the fluid nozzle the wbx has 3 slits and the lph400lv has 4 but the gun bodys are identical and the psi recommended is mainly dependent on the air caps because the uk wbx has a recommended psi of 30 psi but the lph400lv which you can get the gold cap for is recommended at only 14 to 16psi so only difference is air caps but i have sprayed many times with w400wbx and it sprays base on nice at 30 psi but has booth fog and in my opinion sprays base better than lph400lv due to higher psi but the lph400lv hands down is best clear coat gun with lv4 cap at 20 psi but just cant get used to the low psi for base on lph400lv it lays it down heavy in my opinion i have it at 16psi 2 1/2 to 3 turns out on fluid any more i find it too much and fan all the way out and than turned in slightly just to take the edge off and air valve all the way out medium to fast pace but still no joy unless i turn psi up some help would be appreciated also have not sprayed clear at higher psi i only keep it at 20 psi it seems fine but wonder if i upped the psi would it spray better ?
onlyiwata
LPH-50

Re: iwata lph400lv

Postby Hub » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 am

onlyiwata wrote:Hi to all i am in uk and have a uk spec iwata w400wbx and also a iwata lph400lv from usa the uk iwata w400wbx has a standard air cap which is same as the gold extreme base cap which you can get for lph400lv, so i compared both guns and the only differences are the air caps and the fluid nozzle the wbx has 3 slits and the lph400lv has 4 but the gun bodys are identical and the psi recommended is mainly dependent on the air caps because the uk wbx has a recommended psi of 30 psi but the lph400lv which you can get the gold cap for is recommended at only 14 to 16psi so only difference is air caps but i have sprayed many times with w400wbx and it sprays base on nice at 30 psi but has booth fog and in my opinion sprays base better than lph400lv due to higher psi but the lph400lv hands down is best clear coat gun with lv4 cap at 20 psi but just cant get used to the low psi for base on lph400lv it lays it down heavy in my opinion i have it at 16psi 2 1/2 to 3 turns out on fluid any more i find it too much and fan all the way out and than turned in slightly just to take the edge off and air valve all the way out medium to fast pace but still no joy unless i turn psi up some help would be appreciated also have not sprayed clear at higher psi i only keep it at 20 psi it seems fine but wonder if i upped the psi would it spray better ?

The WBX is non HVLP which accounts for the dereaded fog. Three things you didn't mention was the fluid nozzle size, spray distance to target, waterborne or solvent and brand. Oh yes a couple a three more questions. What do you have for a Compressed air supply, Percent of spray pattern overlap and your spray technique :roll: sword fighter or deliberate :?:
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby onlyiwata » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi thanks for your quick reply well the fluid nozzle is 1.3 spray distance is approx 5 inch and its solvent i use and yes we have a powerful compressor and my overlap is 70% and my angle is 90 degree angle medium to fast pace when compared to the wbx the paint droplets on panel are larger on my lph400lv at 16psi is this normal ?the wbx does in my opinion atomize better but its because of the higher psi also the lph400lv does spray base better with gold cap at 16 psi also in theory people who use the lph400lv with gold cap could crank the psi to 30 as it would be same as the wbx in uk and thats whats recommended for that gun here in uk but just playing around with the lph400lv with 16psi because i like the fact it has very low booth fog and just to confuse things more you could use higher psi on lph400lv with silver cap for spaying clear and get better results ? once again thanks for reply and your info would be greatly appreciated .
onlyiwata
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 am

onlyiwata wrote:Hi thanks for your quick reply well the fluid nozzle is 1.3 spray distance is approx 5 inch and its solvent i use and yes we have a powerful compressor and my overlap is 70% and my angle is 90 degree angle medium to fast pace when compared to the wbx the paint droplets on panel are larger on my lph400lv at 16psi is this normal ?the wbx does in my opinion atomize better but its because of the higher psi also the lph400lv does spray base better with gold cap at 16 psi also in theory people who use the lph400lv with gold cap could crank the psi to 30 as it would be same as the wbx in uk and thats whats recommended for that gun here in uk but just playing around with the lph400lv with 16psi because i like the fact it has very low booth fog and just to confuse things more you could use higher psi on lph400lv with silver cap for spaying clear and get better results ? once again thanks for reply and your info would be greatly appreciated .

All Anest Iwata air caps are designed and engineered to produce a consistant spray pattern size and shape and uniform partical size at a given inlet pressure. This can be altered to fit the users wants by changing gun settings, mixing ratios and spray technique. So yes you can spray any given refinish material with any given air cap - fluid mozzle combination by making these changes.

Important when making the air inlet pressure setting, the three control knobs must be full open, the trigger in the full back position and with air flowing through the gun.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying