question about cleaning waterborne spray gun

technique.

Moderator: Hub

question about cleaning waterborne spray gun

Postby tonitto04 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

hi to everyone,

im about to spray my first waterbase basecoat (ppg envirobase) and i was asking around whats the best way to clean the spray gun after spraying. i got alot of different answers so if anyone useing water based paint what do you use to clean your gun after spraying? ang one more thing can anyone explain to me what "control coat" is exactly? thanks
tonitto04
LPH-50

Re: question about cleaning waterborne spray gun

Postby Hub » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:07 pm

After you have removed all the paint from the gun and cup flush it thoroughly with warm water - followed with percolation of one or two ounces of a good liquid glass cleaner wipe and blow dry - lube in the proper places and your gun is ready for the next use.
"HUB"
"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby tonitto04 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:19 am

thanks for the tip HUB! anyway i sprayed envirobase (black) today and i sprayed it like i would normally do with solvent all the characteristic of the waterborne is almost the same as solvent except the drying technique. it came out prety good, so im confused about all the "wet bed" and "control coat" stuff. can anyone explain this to me? thanks in advance.
tony
tonitto04
LPH-50

Postby admin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:33 am

tonitto04 wrote:thanks for the tip HUB! anyway i sprayed envirobase (black) today and i sprayed it like i would normally do with solvent all the characteristic of the waterborne is almost the same as solvent except the drying technique. it came out prety good, so im confused about all the "wet bed" and "control coat" stuff. can anyone explain this to me? thanks in advance.
tony

Hi Tony,
All major auto paint companys are modifying they'er Waterborne recommendations for mix ratios, fluid nozzle sizes and spray techniques. We (ASET/Anest Iwata) are working with them all to set the standards that work best with our spray equipment. Please check back with us from time to time to see our latest recommendations.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
admin
Site Admin

Postby Hub » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:44 am

New recommendations for each major paint company are here for the asking
"HUB" 8)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Kronki » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:48 pm

Would you recommend putting a wet bed on metallics for nexa autocolor aquabase ? Or Is it a waste of a step?
Kronki
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Kronki wrote:Would you recommend putting a wet bed on metallics for nexa autocolor aquabase ? Or Is it a waste of a step?

May be a wasted step & material. Paint manufactures only call for enough paint to hide - it would also prolong the dry time.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Spraying