Settings for LPH400 & Supernova

Site problems, board issues.

Moderators: Hub, robc

Settings for LPH400 & Supernova

Postby marflo78 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi, I'm fairly new to this Iwata's World and believe I don't know why I have not found about it before; I currently using two Iwata guns LPH400LVX 1.4 which I also have the 1.3 tip and the Silver cap, for my BC and SS solvent base and a Supernova 1.3 HD for my CC. I was using Tekna Prolite before and the change it's a lot. I have sprayed SS (complete cars) with my LPH400 1.3 Silver Cap Solid and Metallics colors having a couple of issues, on both have a little bit of trouble keeping a wet edge and the metallic colors a little bit of uniform finish (mottling) these are the following settings I have used Fan 2 turns out, Material 3-3.5 turns out and 29psi or more in order to have the closest finish to CC (minimum of Orange Peel), I just received the LVX Cap and I have not have the chance to spray SS with it, so any initial settings to start with will be really appreciate it; also I'm planning on using it for my BC as well so starting settings will be appreciate it. We use SW automotive Dimension for SS and BC and SW ATX for spot jobs and some completes. As far CC the Supernova does and amazing job I found some settings that HUB recommended on a comment from a 3rd person on you tube videos, but some settings will be appreciate it. Thanks...
marflo78
LPH-50

Re: Settings for LPH400 & Supernova

Postby Hub » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:31 am

marflo78 wrote:Hi, I'm fairly new to this Iwata's World and believe I don't know why I have not found about it before; I currently using two Iwata guns LPH400LVX 1.4 which I also have the 1.3 tip and the Silver cap, for my BC and SS solvent base and a Supernova 1.3 HD for my CC. I was using Tekna Prolite before and the change it's a lot. I have sprayed SS (complete cars) with my LPH400 1.3 Silver Cap Solid and Metallics colors having a couple of issues, on both have a little bit of trouble keeping a wet edge and the metallic colors a little bit of uniform finish (mottling) these are the following settings I have used Fan 2 turns out, Material 3-3.5 turns out and 29psi or more in order to have the closest finish to CC (minimum of Orange Peel), I just received the LVX Cap and I have not have the chance to spray SS with it, so any initial settings to start with will be really appreciate it; also I'm planning on using it for my BC as well so starting settings will be appreciate it. We use SW automotive Dimension for SS and BC and SW ATX for spot jobs and some completes. As far CC the Supernova does and amazing job I found some settings that HUB recommended on a comment from a 3rd person on you tube videos, but some settings will be appreciate it. Thanks...

Hi MF78
Before we get to deep into gun setting - describe the ambient conditions in which you spray - the thinning or the reducing rates you are using with each product - the spray distance from gun to target and if this changes with say base-coat -clear coat - single stage - are you right or left handed or ambidextrous - thinners or reducers do you use fast - medium - or slow - describe your spray technique fast - medium - slow and deliberate. - Are you
looking to have a texture less finish . Armed with the answers to these questions will help answer your questions Cheers "HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Other