desiccant purge

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:53 pm

painter john wrote:Thank for all the help guys,I contacted the domnic hunter helpline and the area rep.
The helpline said not to breath the air as the dryer is only actually a mobile tool protector for air guns etc.
The rep said similar saying that although the air coming through it isnt toxic even with my breathing filters he wouldnt rate it of a good enough quality as the dryer will only take out moisture for an air tool,even though he understands in the real world people breath air through the filters without air dryers he and the service helpline recommend,due to the purge of their proper breather/dryer, a refridgerated dryer for breathing air.
They have the proper desiccant/breathing air setup but it is a purge type which uses 18% air volume and thats the only desiccant breathing dryer they recommend due to beeing able to say 100% for sure the air is clean and dry,but expensive.

Hey PJ,
Help me out here, am I reading this correctly? the rep actually recommended that stand alone refridgerated air was okay to breath :?:
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Re: DV PIPING DIO & HUBS COMMENT

Postby Hub » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Wilson T Hall wrote:Hey Doc,
Did you look at the DV link :?: what do you think :?:
WTH

Hi Wilson,
I think its okay except I disagree with the compressed air piping scheme, in several aspects. The main one is directing the condensation back to the compressor receiver :roll:
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Postby painter john » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 pm

No Hub ,he meant a refridgerated dryer and the 3 stage filter set up that i have.
He said ideally i should use a refridgerated dryer and their air breathing filter set or.. their purge type desiccant dryer with their breathing filter setup.
painter john
LPH-50

Re: HUB COMMENT - ON REFRIGERATER DRYERS

Postby Andy T » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm

Hub wrote:
Hello Andy,
If you want ZERO dry air, Refers wont cut it..

Thanks Hub, always an education... :)

I have to say our air always checks out fine at work with that kind of dryer, but then it isn't exactly the kind of set up one would have at home. 20HP / 70 CFM compressor with 500l receiver, and we must have a few hundred yards of piping around our place, with around 40 outlets at a guess. Plenty of nice clean air for my guns :D
Andy T
LPH-100

Re: HUB COMMENT / QUESTION

Postby ryanbrown999 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:18 pm

[quote="Hub
Hi Ryan,
Do you use one of these DeVilbiss units ? If so which desiccant type does it have in it? Also what brand of fresh air unit do you use.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)[/quote]

Hub, I have a Sata 3-stage filter unit outside my booth. That is piped into my booth where I have a manifold with a couple of drops for breathing air. That manifold is connected to a Devilbiss dessicant tank. The dessicant tank is the same one that comes with the DAD-500. I just took off the first 2 stages and put a Sata filter unit outside the booth.

I use a Sata Vision hood with the personal CO monitor.
ryanbrown999
LPH-50

Re: Safe Breathing air / clean dry spraying air

Postby jcclark » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:00 pm

[quote=" HOWEVER the desiccant has nothing to do with the carbon monoxide, that comes from the compressor itself.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)[/quote]

A compressor puts out carbon dioxide??????
How does it do that? 8)
JCCLARK
jcclark
LPH-50

Re: HUB COMMENT / QUESTION

Postby Hub » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm

ryanbrown999 wrote:[quote="Hub
Hi Ryan,
Do you use one of these DeVilbiss units ? If so which desiccant type does it have in it? Also what brand of fresh air unit do you use.
Cheers,

Hub, I have a Sata 3-stage filter unit outside my booth. That is piped into my booth where I have a manifold with a couple of drops for breathing air. That manifold is connected to a Devilbiss dessicant tank. The dessicant tank is the same one that comes with the DAD-500. I just took off the first 2 stages and put a Sata filter unit outside the booth.

I use a Sata Vision hood with the personal CO monitor.[/quote]
Hub
Air Authority

Re: Safe Breathing air / clean dry spraying air

Postby Hub » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 pm

jcclark wrote:[quote=" HOWEVER the desiccant has nothing to do with the carbon monoxide, that comes from the compressor itself.
Cheers,

A compressor puts out carbon dioxide??????
How does it do that? 8)[/quote]

Hey JC,
Air compressors normally only put out what they injest and if you'll refer to Painter Johns February 22nd post you'll see he was referring to Carbin Monoxide that may be coming from some where - and I stated it would not be coming from the desiccant.
Cheers,
Hub
Air Authority

Previous

Return to Air compressors