spray gun regulator

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

spray gun regulator

Postby dneumann » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:42 pm

For an 'at the gun' regulator-hvlp, is the iwata 8130 ak-1b an accurate and consistent regulator or would I be better off with the rti mr-1? Since it is diaphragm control will this result in more accurate readings? Would like to have swing/swivel feature but not if it means sacrificing consistency/accuracy. thanks - Dave
dneumann
LPH-50

DIO or AIR VALVE ??

Postby Hub » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Good Morning Dave,
If your main concern is accuracy the Diaphragm type is by far the best - plus there is a health advantage - you only pull against the pressure you have set. Air valves return to full line pressure when ever you release the trigger - what that means is if the line pressure is 100 PSI that is what you'll be pulling against until the pressure equalizes. Don't sound like much BUT it can be harmful. I have two corporal tunnel operations to prove it.

Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby dneumann » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:26 am

Thanks for that info Hub. You point some things out that make it obvious that the RTI might be a better choice for accuracy/safety but maybe I can word it differently. Has there been many problems with the Iwata ak-1b with accuracy that you know of? As much as I know i should stick with the RTI, I'm leaning towards trying the Iwata mainly cause of the swing-swivel feature on it. Has there been problems with the Iwata leaking air around the joints on it over time, to your knowledge? Thanks again for the help. - Dave
dneumann
LPH-50

AK-1B

Postby Hub » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:05 am

Hi Dave,
One possible and one probable - unwanted scenarios The possible becoming loose jointed after being used for a while - but I have not heard about any air leaks regardless of how loose they become.

The probable - inlet pressure of 100 PSI or over WILL blow the gage.

Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Air compressors