COMPRESSED AIR PIPING

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

COMPRESSED AIR PIPING

Postby garileforce » Mon May 13, 2013 4:18 pm

Newbe here Iam building a home shop could you give me some Ideas on a small system and later I would like to talk about your spray guns thank you GF

sorry imeant to give you the compressor info itsw a 5 HP 2 stage with a 80 gallon tank thanx again for your help GF
garileforce
LPH-50

Re: COMPRESSED AIR PIPING

Postby Hub » Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 am

garileforce wrote:Newbe here Iam building a home shop could you give me some Ideas on a small system and later I would like to talk about your spray guns thank you GF

sorry imeant to give you the compressor info itsw a 5 HP 2 stage with a 80 gallon tank thanx again for your help GF

Okay GF,
We can help you with both. How many people are going to be making a demand on the air supply, and what tools are going to depend on that compressed air supply? please name some of those tools and their CFM requirement & at what PSI ?
Once I have the answers to these questions - we can get your compressed air system properly set up.
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 am

Hub wrote:
garileforce wrote:Newbe here Iam building a home shop could you give me some Ideas on a small system and later I would like to talk about your spray guns thank you GF

Okay GF,
We can help you with both. How many people are going to be making a demand on the air supply, and what tools are going to depend on that compressed air supply? please name some of those tools and their CFM requirement & at what PSI ?
Once I have the answers to these questions - we can get your compressed air system properly set up.
Cheers,
"HUB"

One mostly but somtimes three. Air grinder 18 CFM @ 60 PSI/polisher - sata spray gun 13 CFM @ 29 PSI - Vikin inline sander CFM - PSI ? A LOT - Thats the bulk of it`thanx for your help your help
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Sat May 18, 2013 6:51 am

An educated guess would tell me your 5HP 2 stage compressor should deliver 18 - 22 CFM at 150 - 175 PSI. If you were using all three of the tools you mentioned at the same time - your compressor would fall short of producing enough to supply your demand.
Since most air tools are used only intermittently and you are working alone most of the time the compressor should be adequate - Post the dimensions of your shop - please include the ceiling height and where you'd like to place the compressor.
Please post your email address on my PM.
Cheers,
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 am

Hub wrote:An educated guess would tell me your 5HP 2 stage compressor should deliver 18 - 22 CFM at 150 - 175 PSI. If you were using all three of the tools you mentioned at the same time - your compressor would fall short of producing enough to supply your demand.
Since most air tools are used only intermittently and you are working alone most of the time the compressor should be adequate - Post the dimensions of your shop - please include the ceiling height and where you'd like to place the compressor.
Cheers,
"HUB"

How do I get to your PM?
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Thu May 30, 2013 5:41 am

garileforce wrote:
Hub wrote:An educated guess would tell me your 5HP 2 stage compressor should deliver 18 - 22 CFM at 150 - 175 PSI. If you were using all three of the tools you mentioned at the same time - your compressor would fall short of producing enough to supply your demand.
Cheers,
"HUB"

How do I get to your PM?

Click on the PM icon under my name on the right side of the page

"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby garileforce » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:46 am

Thanks hub I going with the 10 to 12 feet vertical 2" copper do you think i need a desiccant unit?
G
garileforce
LPH-50

Postby Hub » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 am

garileforce wrote:Thanks hub I going with the 10 to 12 feet vertical 2" copper do you think i need a desiccant unit?
G

With an 80 gallon receiver, intermittent use and 24 feet of 2 inch copper with a auto drain on the down leg of the vertical I don't think you'd need one - BUT if your aim is ZERO DRY compressed air - you could add one right after the down leg of your verticals.
"HUB"
Hub
Air Authority

Postby Hub » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Hub wrote:
garileforce wrote:Thanks hub I going with the 10 to 12 feet vertical 2" copper do you think i need a desiccant unit?
G

With an 80 gallon receiver, intermittent use and 24 feet of 2 inch copper with a auto drain on the down leg of the vertical I don't think you'd need one - BUT if your aim is ZERO DRY compressed air - you could add one right after the down leg of your verticals.
"HUB"[/quoteTHIS IS A COMPRESSED AIR QUAILITY TEST
Hub
Air Authority

Re: COMPRESSED AIR PIPING/ COPPER TUBING.

Postby Hub » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:44 pm

FOLLOW UP ON YOUR PHone call you have it all right - couldn't have did it better myself . If you would please post your plans on the board so all can enjoy your experience. Cheers, 'HUB'
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Air compressors