Compressor size needed for LPH400

and clean, dry compressed air.

Moderator: Hub

Compressor size needed for LPH400

Postby drewpoh » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:57 pm

I'm going to paint my car soon, and I understand that the more air supply you can get the better and I was planning on renting a compressor, but I've read that you can get away with a mid size compressor it may just have to run quiet alot and aslong as you setup water/oil traps I should be fine, if thats true I may just buy a bigger compressor (my current ones small).

so what are the requirements for this gun? I know it says 10CFM but I've heard a buncha different things about how CFM at different PSI and CFM at the gun etc etc, and all the compressors ones on trademe.co.nz (New Zealands equivilent of eBay) only say CFM doesn't say at what PSI etc etc?

So rough guides on buying a compressor thats not that expensive? Whats the minnium but will still get the job done? I don't mind if its running the whole time.
drewpoh
LPH-50

Re: Compressor size needed for LPH400

Postby Hub » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:13 am

drewpoh wrote:I'm going to paint my car soon, and I understand that the more air supply you can get the better and I was planning on renting a compressor, but I've read that you can get away with a mid size compressor it may just have to run quiet alot and aslong as you setup water/oil traps I should be fine, if thats true I may just buy a bigger compressor (my current ones small).

so what are the requirements for this gun? I know it says 10CFM but I've heard a buncha different things about how CFM at different PSI and CFM at the gun etc etc, and all the compressors ones on trademe.co.nz (New Zealands equivilent of eBay) only say CFM doesn't say at what PSI etc etc?

So rough guides on buying a compressor thats not that expensive? Whats the minnium but will still get the job done? I don't mind if its running the whole time.

The LPH400LVX - requires 9.8 CFM at 16 PSI
That inlet pressure must be set with all controls in the wide open position and with the trigger in the full back position and with air flowing through the gun.
Don't skimp on the size of the compressor. The success of good refinish work requires an Adequate, clean & dry air supply. For help with an air compressor call or go see Wyatt Machine Tools Phone 64 9 525 1000
Street address - 388 Church street, Pennrose. Ask for Paul Wyatt tell him Doctor Gun said he'd treat you right. Air compressors that run more than 50% of the time - run hot - hot air converts liquid oil & water into a vapor form and those vapors if not cooled & condensed will pass through water separators and fowl the refinish work. Proper piping can help solve this problem.
Cheers,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Postby drewpoh » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:07 am

Wow either you either live/lived in Auckland or you just have contacts all around the world.

Thanks for the info!!!
drewpoh
LPH-50

HUB COMMENT

Postby Hub » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:49 pm

drewpoh wrote:Wow either you either live/lived in Auckland or you just have contacts all around the world.

Thanks for the info!!!

We are glad to help.
Good Luck,
"HUB" :)
Hub
Air Authority

Return to Air compressors